Quick Intro


Hey Guys! I'm Jonny, your average makeup addicted 15 year old student.
This is My Blog,

Beauty, At What Benefits?

Enjoy!


Monday 6 October 2014

Urban Decay Electric Palette

HEYA EVERYONE!!

Today's post is very specific to one product, and there's a story behind it!

As you may or may not know, I currently am building up a freelance kit for makeup artistry, and last Saturday, I bought the latest addition to my kit: the Urban Decay Electric Palette. Yes, cue the applause!



Before I get into my real geography part of my post, I should probably give you some insight to what the Electric Palette is...


So, unless you've been living under a rock, or you're a dude who couldn't give a single poop about makeup, the Electric Palette is a Pressed Pigment palette produced and sold by the multi-national company, Urban Decay Cosmetics.

The Electric Palette is sold in Ireland for €45, and it has 10 colours, which are VERY vibrant. It also comes with a double ended brush, which has 2 synthetic brush heads.

There are 2 Blue colours, 2 greens, 1 teal, 1 pink, 1 orangey-coral, 1 plum, 1 purple and 1 silver colour.



Colours, from left to right, top row: Revolt, Gonzo, Slowburn, Savage, Fringe.
Colours, from left to right, bottom row: Chaos, Jilted, Urban, Freak, Thrash.

So now that I have finished with the product overview, it's time to get into the geography of the Urban Decay Electric Palette!

The first thing that you notice with the palette is the packaging. It's SUPER colourful to represent the colours inside, and it comes in a hard plastic shell case. Plastic, A.K.A. Oil, A.K.A. 350 Billion year old dead sea creatures that lived when the earth was a mass of water. Lovely thought, isn't it?

Before you are able to pry open the palette, you will have to face the super strong (not really that strong) magnets encased in the plastic shell. These magnets are made of Iron, which can be naturally magnetised. What makes it magnetised, is that half of the electrons in the outer shell of the atom rotate in one direction, while the other half rotate in the other direction. Cool, right?

When you open the palette, you are greeted by the numerous pressed pigments that are so bright, they could blind you. They are separated into 2 rows of 5, and in between the rows is the double ended synthetic hair brush. Synthetic, Taklon hairs, A.K.A. Plastic Hairs, A.K.A. Oil, A.K.A. 350 Billion year old dead sea creatures... think about what you are putting onto your face!

The colours all share numerous ingredients, like talc, mica and silica, which, most likely, weren't produced in the Urban Decay factory! So, raw materials, mixed with different chemicals and pressed and put into the palette, and sent out is an example of the famous geography factory equation!
Inputs (Raw Materials, talc, mica, silica, etc) + Processes (Mixing, packaging etc) = Outputs (ELECTRIC PALETTE!!)

Finally, I had to do a bit of research on the Urban Decay website!
Apparently, the Pressed Pigments were Made in the USA, yet the double ended brush was made in China! That's a lot of shipping...
Also, the Palette was distributed by Urban Decay Cosmetics in Newport Beach, California, and also in Nice, France!

Strangely, there was a warning on the website that stated:
WARNING: Slowburn, Savage, Jilted and Urban contain a colorant that is not approved for the eye area in the US, Canada and Brazil.
Wow... one thing I noticed about this is that they are the orangey-coral, pink and purple shades in the palette, and when I did a bit more research, I read that some red dyes used in pigments to make them so heavily pigmented can, very rarely, cause an allergic reaction with some people. So, I guess I'll have to make sure I won't kill my clients when I'm using the Electric Palette! However, a hell of a lot of people aren't even aware of this warning on other pigments, so I'm not 100% convinced why people are making such a big deal about this.

Well, that's all from me today! Apologies for it being such a long post...
Cyaz all Later! Ly all xo
Jonny :)

No comments:

Post a Comment